Wednesday, June 30, 2010

GROW!!!

Hey Everyone - Barb here. 
What happened to the month of JUNE?? I cannot believe today is the 30th! 
The Fourth of July is just right around the corner! Summer is half over already!
 With that said - I would like to close out the month of June with a card I made using planting a garden and how does your garden grow?
I first started with a white circle and gently distress it with Antique Linen Distress ink. 
I added Tea Dye around the edges. I then stamped 'Gardening' in black ink. 
Colored with my colored pencils, keeping the colors soft so it looked a little more aged. 
I thought a monochromatic color scheme would work well with this image, 
so I used my Bo Bunny swiss dots paper in two coordinating shades.
 I love how soft and pretty this turned out. 
I had a matching ribbon so I used that as well.


I masked the Garden Grow stamp to just use the word 'Grow".
 Thought that expression sort of fit with the ragdoll's expression. 
This is such a fun stamp. I've really enjoyed working with it!

Now next month our theme will be CHRISTMAS in July!!!!
 I'm looking forward to seeing what our wonderful design team has come up with. 
Stay tuned to this blog for more information!

In closing - in the spirit of 'GROW" -
 I'm adding a picture of MY garden (Harley's Garden). 
It has grown so much in the past weeks due to the huge amount of rain we have gotten!
Harley's Garden one week ago.

Harley's Garden today!
Ah summer! My favorite time of year!
Hope to see you all back here in July! 
There will be a blog hop that you won't want to miss!

Barb

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Barb! I love all the polka dots and how the ribbon is opposite the polka dotted paper. What a beautiful garden you have growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love polka dots too! A wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! It made me smile big time...so dang cute! Love the colors you chose and your garden is really growing!

    ReplyDelete