Thursday, June 24, 2010

Camping fun...

Hi there...Jessica here today. Hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far. My family is into "cheap" summer activities. We actually own some property about an hour from our house, so we spend a lot of time there camping all summer long. We recently found a spot to fish there too...thanks to the beavers that dammed up the creek...lol. Well today I wanted to share a camping themed card with you.
I just love these ant stamps. There is a whole bunch of cute ant images in the QKR Store. If you haven't stumbled upon them yet...be sure to check them out HERE. I think they are perfect for summer. I used the ant roasting marshmallows image for this card. I colored him with colored pencils and trimmed him...which wasn't easy...lol. He is very detailed. I added some liquid applique to the marshmallows to make them look puffy and toasted. For the base of the card I used white CS, and layered the blue PP onto that. I thought it looked like a starry sky. I tore the edge of the green CS, and did some ink distressing to it. The camper I cut using my Cricut, and added some striped PP to the windows to look like curtains. Did you ever notice camper curtains always look retro? LOL! I also added a little moon. Well, that is all I have for you today. I hope you take the time to check out some of the other cute ant images in the QKR Stampede store, as well as the many other cute and quirky images.

1 comment: